17. 3. 2011

Apocalypse - we´re all gonna die!

Oh yeah, there was earthquake in Japan. Really really big earthquake. And it evoked tsunami. Really REALLY massive one. And, of course, it caused many problems, many buldings were destroyed, many people died. As would Mr. Gump said: shit happens.

No, don´t think I am cynic. I´m really sad about the situation in Japan. After I have seen all the pictures, that were so bad I thought they weren´t real ... well you know how it looks. What do I want to talk about today, is the panic in Europe. Panic, that something like this Japan catastrophe will happen in here. Well, what I forgot to say was, that the freakin big earthquake (magnitude 8,9) and the freakin big tsunami (about 12 meters or 33 feet) caused big problems in some nuclear power station. Fukushima I.

I don´t know, if you know, but here in Czech republic, we have this incredibly smart lady; Dana Drábová. She is our high chief of nuclear safety. And as I said, she is pretty inteligent and she knows what she is talking about. She said, that the power stations in the afflicted area made it pretty good. Actually, the power stations were built to overcome only half the strong earthquake. And, what is more importatnt. She said that the radiation danger 10km around Fukushima I is as possible as being hit by the lightning 10km around the storm. Does that sound possible to you?

Why am I quoting her in here? Because there is one thing I really dont understand. Why are Europian politics so scared? Why are they causing panic around the people? Why Mrs. Merkel ordered to shut down 7 nuclear blocks in Germany? I know, that catastrophe in Japan is something that works for Austrians. They don´t like nuclear plants. They are trying to shut our Temelín since we just thought about building it. So now, pointing on Japan, they´re saying things like - "oh look, what if this happens in here? We have to control it more, we have to see, if Europian nuclear plants are able to overcome big earthquakes. What if tsunami like that appears in here??? Panic people, panic!"

Dear Austrians, I have nothing against you. BUT. We need nuclear plants. Unlike you, we don´t have mountains and big rivers passing from them, to built hydropower plants. And, what is more important. There is this science called geology, and you can´t beat that. There won´t be any earthquake like that. And no tsunami. We are not in Japan, or Los Angeles, or Pakistan, or Turkey. I´m quite sure, that there won´t be tsunami in Czech republic. Or do i have to show you where it is and how far is the sea?

Hey Angela Merkel, I know you´re not idiot. We all know, that you´re not really scared and that there will be elections in the near future. And the only reason why are you so nuclear-pesimistic is, that you want to win votes. But please, stop scaring people.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ok, I wanted to put video in here, something about panic, and I found the Coldplay "Don´t panic". Well, after I´ve seen the official video I decided to put here something else. Just take a look.

1 komentář:

  1. Le gasp! Time to panic!

    By the way, have you seen this page: http://gakuranman.com/great-tohoku-earthquake/ ? Awesome and comprehensible info with a lot of different links.

    OdpovědětVymazat